XP Home Edition Serial Problems

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok heres the deal a friend of mine started a repair of his xp home edition as he was having some probs with his comp,

now as he is in the later stages of the repair its asking him for his xp home edition serail no. the computer was bougt from a local computer store and does not have a sticker on it with the serail no. on it

is there n e thing he can do ?

Go to the computer store and tell them the computer he bought does not have one. If they put up a fuss, call microsoft and give them the computer stores information and tell them they are selling computers with pirated software on them. They are obviously operating outside the law to make extra money.

I'll assume he doesn't have the XP Home cd then?, if that is the case tell him to go to the store and ask for his XP Home cd that he should have been given when he bought the pc.

It is illegal to sell an installed version of Windows and not supply the CD, unless it is an OEM version with a recovery disk.

He has been ripped off

well it was bought like 4 years ago now and he doesnt have n e proof it was bought from that store ?

damn, he's kinda screwed, if only he'd asked before starting, magic jellybean key finder would have pulled the key from his install.

yep i told him that lol,

only thing i can think of is to install using a friends home edition key and either using a no wga crack or backing his stuff up and putting xp pro on it, although im not sure he be up for that he got like 3 rows of programs on start menu, (res at 1024 X 768)

im not one for purchasing something i have already purchased lol, as i said if i cant recover that serial then i will have to either use friends and no wga crack it or back up data and xp pro it

ok first thing im from uk. second i refuse to pay or ask my friend to pay £45 for something that has already been purchased even though he was stupid and shudnt have started to repair without getting serial,

from now on please no solutions that involve paying out money,

Back
Top Bottom