No CD Cracks- Bad on HD, or Hinder Performance?

mkm2175

Solid State Member
If you run a game off your hard drive is it bad for the hard drive or can it slow down the game performance or cause more work for the cpu??

No, it's not bad for the hard drive, and usually doesn't make more work for anything. usually, the only thing you need the CD for is to boot the game and once the game is booted you can take it out so it shouldn't cause any more stress on the system.

Pretty much. I run nocd/nodvd EXE's on all my games so I don't have to dig for the stupid disc.

pretty much all games run out of your hard drive. Even if it asks for the cd it usually doesn't need the cd to run, it's just a way to make sure that you actually own the game.

thats true, and the fact that it installs it on the hhd is for performance reasons. alot of the data that is on the cd is crunched , so when it's installed on the hhd the data is unpacked therefore stretching out the data on the hhd makes for faster loading in scroll type games and helps with graphics.

Yeah, I do personally find it very annoying that I have to keep putting discs in for games that only read it when you click the EXE, and never read it again, and it means risking scratching the disc everytime you do this.

I generally buy my games, but I download cracks so I don't need the disc everytime I want to play.

Back
Top Bottom