SATA Drive Help PLs...... :(

cross_marian

Solid State Member
Hi I have some question

1. Put the SATA Drive on my PC and then Open up my PC then after the windows logo it turns Black and there it hangs( BTW I can hear a Sound coming from the SATA Disk Sounds like Static )? - What is it ?

2. If I format this will it work again? or the Drive is totally damaged?. BUt then how could I format this if I cant get on windows with it?.

3. When I tried mounting the disk and Install a XP in it, and when I press Enter it says below "Examining Disk 0 bus ( something like that )" and that takes like 3 - 4 sometimes 5 min to detect, I see 3 partitions and the 3 are Unkown, but I had some files there before. - How can I recover my files then ?

4. My Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=6&id=2025, In this motherboard do I still need to install a SATA Controller or not?.

5. If I do can I download and Install it right away when Im on my windows, or do I really have to use a Floppy (In the Windows XP Installation) to Install the drivers?.

Mmmm.

You should be able to control your SATA HD's in your BIOS.

You might have to switch the channels on in the BIOS.

Have a look there.

Because I know that if I attach a SATA HD to my motherboard then set the BIOS up to allocate that HD channel it'll boot from it if I wish.

You shouldn't need software to run SATA. It's just a modern and faster interface than PATA.

Just make sure the power and SATA connection are properly connected. They're not like the big PATA connections.

oh do I must use a SATA power cable, not the White one that also used in IDE?.
so is that the problem why my SATA don't work?.

My BIOS can detect my SATA Drive..... But still problem (read on top XD)

If I connected a SATA and plugged a Molex in it will it work?. Or should I really need a SATA Power Cable to work?

You will need a SATA power lead.

The old PATA drives used an IDE connector with a Molex power plug.

The SATA drives use a SATA lead and a SATA power connector.

Both are needed for it to function.

So if you only have one lead connected to the drive your missing the other.

:)

But my SATA Drive has a Molex Power Plug and a SATA Power Plug :-/.
Should I need to plug 2 of them?. Or just one if just one which one?. The Molex Plug or the Sata Power Plug?

Wow. Never seen a SATA drive with a Molex and a SATA power connector together with the small SATA data connection. :eek:

Ok.

Connect the SATA data lead. And connect one of the power leads. SATA power or MOLEX. Either/Or. Just one of them.

If you can post a pic of these connections that would help loads.

Never seen that before.

Back
Top Bottom