AMD Phenom Compatibility

Yes, it's fast enough, your write speeds will be a bit slower, that's all.
Also, I'm really new to overclocking and i really have no idea what it is and what u actually overclock. Graphics card or processor?
Everything, you can overclock, your graphics card, CPU, and memory. Your CPU speed is equal to FSBxCPU multiplier. And your memory speed is dependant on the FSB speed you use and the divider. Your graphics card is overclocked through an OS based application like Rivatuner. It will be a lot easier for you to understand once you are sitting in front of your BIOS screen.

ok. The hard drive i am going to use with the new computer is really old, will the motherboard still have the appropriate connection type for it?

Ah, yes. At what resolution? As you're going to need something a bit beefier than the 3650. Nothing can max out Crysis at the moment though.

How sure are you about that? Im pretty sure i had it maxed out at 1280x1024. If you want, i can re install the game and run it just to prove it. I'm about... 95% sure it does. I have two quad cores (you probably remember all the problems i had a while back) and i think it might have helped with the processing. MEBE. I am also using a nvidia quadro fx 4600 768mb too. I will post the pic when i get back home.

How sure are you about that? Im pretty sure i had it maxed out at 1280x1024. If you want, i can re install the game and run it just to prove it. I'm about... 95% sure it does. I have two quad cores (you probably remember all the problems i had a while back) and i think it might have helped with the processing. MEBE. I am also using a nvidia quadro fx 4600 768mb too. I will post the pic when i get back home.
Believe me, I'm sure. I can run Crysis at high settings with no AA at 1280x1024 30FPS in DX9, I have to run medium settings at 1600x1200. And the 8800GT is over twice as fast as the HD 3650.
Also, dual quad core CPUs would not help, the Cry engine2 cannot effectively use four cores, so unless you can get the clocks up, your eight cores will be outperformed by a similarly clocked dual core.

AA - antialiasing. It's supposed to reduce jagged edges. You will notice the biggest difference at lower resolutions, but if you are running at your monitor's native resolution, then you don't really need it.

Back
Top Bottom