(Ram or harddrive) chang out. total newbie

nope, no cds they got a new one and for got about the computer.

i have all my CDs and i swear a cd i have says this "" For Reinstalling PC99 Data/Fax?Voice Modem for Microsoft(little R symble) Windows(little R symble)""

what is that about^^

o and the whole you tpyed that i was in the computer and i have had so experience inside a computer just to inform you.

o yea i forgot to say it work perfectly.
just some of the files were a little old and i had to sit the and click yes like 20 times for copying. but i only had 16color(not 16bit color) just 16 colors.

i(he) dont have internet on the computer(just dail up which dont even work anymore) but thats a whole new theard.

thanks alot guys(girls if any)

It's a driver cd for a modem, not a Windows Install cd, it is not going to work.

The 16 colours thing is probably a driver issue. Once again it would be on the Restore Disk

Perhaps it may just be easier if he was to contact HP and see if he can buy another Restore CD set.

he also needs to set the jumper on the hdds to slave and master (not single) or it may cause problems as well...

were do i go to do that the bois(spelling) whats the bois i keep hearing that term everywhere like the word mobo which i finally made out to be motherboard. new group of people comes a new set of slang terms.

what is and where is the bois?

and i didnt find much on google for master/slave....

BIOS- Basic input/output system (WIKI)

It is an IC on the motherboard that controls the board and peripheral components. Most computers use the method of repeatedly tapping the "Delete" key during the boot process to access the bios.

Your proprietary brand computers may (probably will) use a different key, you will need to refer to the manual for this (most manuals are available on the manufacturers website)

You do not need to enter the bios to set a master/slave configuration, this is done via a jumper on the rear of IDE drives.

EDIT: Mate basically this is all academic, you don't have an install disk to repair or reinstall his copy of ME so really we're just going around in circles as you can't do anything along the lines of reinstallation without a disk. (and no, your disk won't work on his pc)

Back
Top Bottom