Question about Macs...

dan7777

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I use Windows, as most people do, mainly so I can learn more about it and learn how to fix it for other people. I've found that the main problem for most people's PCs is that eventually, they become umbearably slow, due to spyware, viruses, defragmentation, etc etc. They can often crash and just be a pain for many people to use.

So, I'm wondering. Do Mac computers just WORK? i.e. Do they collect as much spyware and slow down, and do they need to be regularly defragmented and generally maintained like Windows PC's? Or can they just run along smoothly as you'd expect for a PC.

Any comments would be great as I don't have much experience with Macs.

I'm mainly talking about your everyday person that uses a computer for the web, emails, photo's etc.

(No fanboys dissing either OS or some shit like that please! I just want some objective comments, not bias opinions please!)

Thanks guys!

I'm wondering because I'm suggesting to a lot of people at the moment to just go with Macs if they wont ease of use, stress free simplicity (in general).

It's true that Macs don't suffer from the spyware, virus troubles that Windows does, but as long as you have the correct firewall/anti-spyware you won't have any problems. I've only messed around with a Mac when I was at a friend's house and it did seem fairly easy to use, but I can't run the programs I want on it.

yer, macs are mostly used for graphic/video design, their hard to use but then you'll get use to it.

and yes they collect virus's/spyware but not much

There just arent as many viruses etc written for macs, because lets face it, there are less of them by far.

If you protect your PC and don't download suspicious files, then you've got nothing to fear from having a Windows OS.

Ive been a Mac user for a couple years now and have been very happy with it. It doesnt collect anything malicious in my experience or just about every other person. It slows down over time due to alot of stuff being on it. Stupid startup items and programs that you allow to run in the background. As long as you monitor what you have running during startup and not having tons of crap running, your in good shape. I LOVE my mac, i still use a pc, just because i have one. aha, just run bootcamp if you want a windows, linux machine. You cant go wrong, you get best of both worlds! i run peergaurdian to block any excess crap like popups and anti-p2p organizations and stuff haha :D

Back
Top Bottom