Car Thread!

Yeah, I think my ranger could run a 15 stock, thats what some other guys on the ranger forum were running. A supercharged ranger can outrun a mustang, so I was hoping a stock could outrun a focus, lol.
Yeah I know his would kill mine in turning, but if I lowered mine I could keep up then.

I don't think you would, just a bunch of subtle things make the handling of the Focus insane compared to the truck. First of all they sport better tires on larger rims so they won't roll under the rim in hard cornering, also the Focus has rear independent suspension whereas you have your diff and axle back there, not as good at cornering. You could get it comparable but you would have to change a lot of crap, and the Focus would have better manners anyway just because it's a car. The only advantage you have on it is RWD (AWD?) and a bigger engine so you'll do well drag racing it. You'll probably be able to run a low 16, which will be a few car lengths worth. The only way I see the Focus keeping up is if you do a rolling race, like start at 40 mph on a freeway or something - something I would not advise. ;)

Re: Big Update (new Car)

I remember watching Top Gear and they put the old 300Z Twin Turbo against the new 350Z. Guess who won????? The Old 300Z. LOL

The 350Z is a piece of junk anyways. Heavy, uncomfortable and relatively slow compared to cars of the same price range.

^lol

Looks hot though. But yeah I'm not a fan of the 350Z and G35.
If I was rocking a Z car it would be a 280 or something like that. I've taken a liking to older cars lately. 89 RX-7 GTU? Yes, please. 88 Mazda 323 GTX? Sure. :D

They sure aren't 'pretty' by today's standards but they are beastly overall. Sleeper. :)

I guess I'm looking for cheap speed. Not trading in the Focus or anything anytime soon though, I hope. :eek:

Yeah, if I ever got a Z car it would either be the 240 or 280. Nothing after that.

Haha, yeah the Focus is a pretty nice car and has tons of modifications available for it.

If you're looking for cheap Bavarian, the BMW E30 and E36 are great buys. I've seen E30s sell for $1,500-$5,000 depending on the condition and modifications. The good thing about it is that it's completely done depreciating and it makes a superb track car with it's light body and very tunable four banger or straight six (the Inline-4 was the most common).

I've seen some E36s sell for around $4,000-$8,000 on craigslist. Hell, I've seen E36 M3's sell for $7,000-12,000 on craigslist too...and the majority of them are in great if not perfect condition. Like the E30, the E36 has tons of parts for it and it makes a great tuner car and if you have the money, a track car. Heh, if you get the E30 or very early E36's they make great candidates for FI since BMW didn't introduce the VANOS variable valve timing system until after 1992 (it wasn't used on the 3-series until 1994-1995). Not as good of a candidate has a rotary engine I'll admit, but for such a cheap car, it's not bad...hell I got my E36 for a little over $4,000.

Heh, I <3 BMW Power. :)

Yeah I saw a black E36 M3 going for 10K. Cool little car.
I'd want more of a "Surprise!" though. :D A debadged old RX-7 or a Mazda 323 GTX (AWD turbo) especially would be a fun little car to sneak around in.

I'm really looking for something good for my little brother, a real cheap diamond in the rough if you will. He's been 16 for a while and I'm looking for a good place to start looking. haha

I have a feeling they will require a little more maintenance and special care but that's something I know how to do anyway...

Cheap, fast, reliable... pick 2.

Updated pics of my car recent addition where the 18" Enkei EMX Super 7s with 225/40/18 Kumo Ecsta AST's. Took some pics with my friend's Neon R/T

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Nice. Since it's spring break I'm gonna go on a photoshoot with my car soon. Maybe go up Highway 9 and take some nice pictures of the view. :)

I'll keep you guys posted. :)

^lol

Looks hot though. But yeah I'm not a fan of the 350Z and G35.
If I was rocking a Z car it would be a 280 or something like that. I've taken a liking to older cars lately. 89 RX-7 GTU? Yes, please. 88 Mazda 323 GTX? Sure. :D

They sure aren't 'pretty' by today's standards but they are beastly overall. Sleeper. :)

I guess I'm looking for cheap speed. Not trading in the Focus or anything anytime soon though, I hope. :eek:

Somebody say 89 GTU??? Well well, looky here, haha. I'm in the middle of an engine swap right now, I'm adding a jspec s5 turbo engine. She still needs some cleaning up and a paint job, but she's in great shape age wise.
n136900939_30974421_3077.jpg

n136900939_30974422_4240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom