Why is my...

Gateway_gtxxxxx

In Runtime
computers internet connection running so slow i have a dsl connection and it used to go fast but now it takes like 3 minutes to download a 18mb file HELP

could it be because of i haven't scanned my computer in months and cleaned my cookies??

Defrag your computer, turn off some of your other programs in start up, Is this happening all the time any time of day? have you tried it in the morning, evening, and late at night? the reason I ask is it could be your ISP implementing the fair usage policy so slowing down your speed during its peek times. try another browser if you On IE use Firefox with the Fastfox add on installed.

ok first thing i would say is forget post 2,3,4, and 5 lol.

if im correct the once you have clicked the download link and it begins downloading its not the speed of your computer thats going to impact the download speed?

are you telling me if i had a quad extremem processor with 8Gb ram it would download the exact same 18 Mb file on the exact same network as a C2D E6600 ?

no coz aslong as your computer has enough power to open the download dialog box your ok.

go here tell us what your results are, http://www.speedtest.net/

I'm no Expert but that is pretty slow compared to mine. I would Try resetting your Router/Modem/whatever you use. If not I would see about calling your ISP and reporting a problem (they probably wont listen because your internet is "working") or switching ISP's

(I was also Downloading a Torrent)

well by the looks of that i can say that scanning your computer for anything will not help at all, 180 / 8 = 22.5 kb so 3 mins to download an 18mb file is pretty good,

looks liek your ISP is skinping you out, phone them and check what speed your ment to be recieveing better yet phone your phone line supplier and find out what your max speed you can recieve on your line is

have you ever ever ever thought your downloading from a slow server such as download.com?

did thag even spring to anyones mind?

I'm no Expert but that is pretty slow compared to mine. I would Try resetting your Router/Modem/whatever you use. If not I would see about calling your ISP and reporting a problem (they probably wont listen because your internet is "working") or switching ISP's

(I was also Downloading a Torrent)

yours is slow aswell, if you wanna show of
well im on wireless right now but here let me just show you the leet 20mb over here:

260039808.png

Back
Top Bottom