Most durable laptops?

Decker87

Solid State Member
Hi. I am trying to help my girlfriend find a good laptop for traveling. We need:
  • A built-in webcam
  • Durability
  • Laptop dock
  • A huge warranty

We don't need anything high-powered. I know nothing about buying laptops these days, so I don't know where to start. Suggestions?

Note: Thinkpads don't have webcams

Hi. I am trying to help my girlfriend find a good laptop for traveling. We need:
  • A built-in webcam
  • Durability
  • Laptop dock
  • A huge warranty

We don't need anything high-powered. I know nothing about buying laptops these days, so I don't know where to start. Suggestions?

Note: Thinkpads don't have webcams
Two notebooks come to mind

The panasonic tough books, they are some of the most durable laptops. They also have quite the price tag, and typically low performance.

Second brand i'd really consider are "twinhead" laptops that are branded as "Gamma Tech" in the US. Twinhead are a huge laptop OEM (Alot of laptops you see branded as other company's, are infact twinhead. I picked up a pair of these D14RY's for someone else, and got to play around with them for a few weeks http://www.ncix.com/products/index....Y20R2CM3G6&manufacture=Twinhead International They meet the military standards for durability. They feel really really solid and great, I'm going to pickup one for myself later on.

Oh yeah, most laptop's wont come with docks or even have a dock specifically available for them. You can pickup generic USB docks however.

Back
Top Bottom