iTunes dosen't like me.

Jk

In Runtime
Umm, yeah I used to have Vista and I always blamed the fact that iTunes was slow on Vista. Now I got rid of Vista and went back to good ol XP but iTunes is still slow. It sometimes freezes when I scan my libary, and when it is doing nothing it just makes the rest of my computer slow down. When I try and exit it it usually freezes and I have to close it with task manager. I think that my specs should be able to handle iTunes and I have all my updates. Does anyone have an idea why it is so slow.

iTunes is made by Apple and is therefore completley useles, I have the same problems with it sometimes. Use Winamp.

iTunes is made by Apple and is therefore completley useles, I have the same problems with it sometimes. Use Winamp.

Now there's intelligent answer! :rolleyes:

Been using iTunes for the last 5 years with XP and Vista machines (on 5 different iPods and 3 different PC's) and it works great for me.
One of the slickest music management ap's out there IMHO.
Only downfall lately as it's starting to get a little bloated due to all the Apple products it supports.

Sounds to me you have some other issues going on and it's not iTunes.............freezing and not being able to exit, never seen that on my PC's

It could be that you have a slow HDD and it can't load all your media fast enough especially if you have a lot if gigs. Do you have an IDE or SATA drive? And does the freezing happen just when you connect your iPod (like with me) or all the time?

How big is your library?
Do you have iTunes set to copy your files into the iTunes folders?
Do you have iTunes set to organize your collection?
How exactly did you move your music collection during the re-format to XP?

I would suggest trying those options, remembering to consolidate your library, and see how it works. Sometimes iTunes will have issues keeping track of all the music if it's in totally different logical and physical places of your HD.

1. Eh, the freezing usually only happens when I exit, but it does get slower when I sync.
2. I have a 250gb and 80gb, both sata. XP on the 250, Ubuntu on the 80.
3. My libary is about 58gb Music, 1.8gb Video, 150mb Pictures.
4. no
5. no
6. I had my music on XP initally so I never moved it and it is on the same partition as iTunes.

Worshipme: I already use Winamp to listen to music, (Gotta have hotkeys and IMO the EQ sounds better) but I use iTunes to sync music and videos so it would be nice if it acutally worked alright.

Decker87: If I set iTunes to copy my libary to the iTunes folder will it add 58gb of space to my hdd? I don't really want to do that, maybe if I could delete the old one?

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom