virtual piano

Yeah, I've found a pretty good one, but none of the really good ones are free.

Its how I'm going to connect my Digital Piano up. I'm going to use the computer as an interface to get to the better sound. (My digital piano sound has a lot to be desired)

Try out a demo of Moddart's PianoTeq for an example of what can be done nowadays. The difference between this one, and the rest, is this actually uses your CPU to create the piano sound, and no samples are used, so its a very small download.

Other alternatives (also not free, but sample based), are NI Acoustik Piano, Ivory, and Apsolute software's.

The sample ones are at the moment better than the data driven based piano's, but they are getting better, and can produce very accurate results, since they have the power of each note sounding very different to each other, and a wide range of effects being put in place that might not be possible with a sample based range.

A VST though called the MDA Piano is the best freeware alternative:
http://www.pluginspot.com/documents/30.html

It'll probably need a piece of software though to run VST's. A VST is a plugin:
"Virtual Studio Technology. The audio engine created by Steinberg for their Cubase program"

But almost if not all audio software support VST's now.

A nice freeware audio creation software tool, lies here:
http://www.renoise.com

Renoise. Easily one of the best trackers available, which with effort could create professional tracks. The interface needs getting used to, but that'll read VTS's no problem.

i have grand piano and just started learning maple leaf rag by Scott joplin its an 8th grade piece . sorry its not on topic but im proud of that

Theres nothing better than a real acoustic/grand piano to have at your disposal. Most Digital Piano's don't do them justice, unless you get into stupid figures.
Software piano's are more cost effective, as long as you have a very good digital piano, that has an Acoustic feel, with real Hammer action, etc.

But no, nothing truely beats a real piano. I know that from experience.

I haven't heard of that piece Cryman.
I'm trying to learn Reverie by Debussy, and I can play like a minute so far.

ehh im getting there . ive been playing for like 5-6 years . so its not like im terrible at piano

Theres nothing better than a real acoustic/grand piano to have at your disposal. Most Digital Piano's don't do them justice, unless you get into stupid figures.
Software piano's are more cost effective, as long as you have a very good digital piano, that has an Acoustic feel, with real Hammer action, etc.

But no, nothing truely beats a real piano. I know that from experience.

I haven't heard of that piece Cryman.
I'm trying to learn Reverie by Debussy, and I can play like a minute so far.

have u heard of scott joplin? u know, african american? ragtime?

Back
Top Bottom