Small iso file I could put on a DVD to test if my DVD drive is booting

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
anyone suggest a small ISO file I could download and burn onto a DVD to try and boot to the DVD to see if my computer is booting from my DVD drive or not. for some reason, i can not seem to boot to my vista dvd even though I did when i first installed vista from this same DVD onto a new hard drive when i first got vista. i restart my computer, enter bios, and select the drive as the first boot device and i see the light come on on the drive but then it boots right into windows normally and doesn't boot to the dvd.

umm not really as most iso's that are small you burn to c.d not DVD could try getting a hardrive diagnostics tool and burning the data to a DVD

umm not really as most iso's that are small you burn to c.d not DVD could try getting a hardrive diagnostics tool and burning the data to a DVD

does it matter though? couldn't i just use a small ISO file you would normally burn to CD, only burn it to DVD instead so that I can see if I can boot from my DVD burner?

anyone suggest a small ISO file I could download and burn onto a DVD to try and boot to the DVD to see if my computer is booting from my DVD drive or not. for some reason, i can not seem to boot to my vista dvd even though I did when i first installed vista from this same DVD onto a new hard drive when i first got vista. i restart my computer, enter bios, and select the drive as the first boot device and i see the light come on on the drive but then it boots right into windows normally and doesn't boot to the dvd.

Memtest86+

Memtest86+

there seems to be 2 different downloadable ISO's for memtest 86+, one is (.zg) and one is (.zip). which one should i use? and do I download that file to my desktop, then burn it onto a DVD correct? then try and boot to the DVD i put it on?

edit: nevermind...i see .gz is for linux users, and .zip for windows users.

i downloaded and used the memtest86+ ISO file, and my computer booted to the DVD i put it on just fine....so, i guess my vista DVD is messed up? it should still let me boot to it even if i have Vista SP1 now and the DVD is not SP1 right? i would think it wouldn't matter.

it's like my DVD drive doesn't see that anything is in it when the Vista DVD is in it, so don't know if that would be possible.

any other ideas why i can not boot to my Vista DVD? or why my computer doesn't seem to recognize that there is anything in the DVD burner when I have the Vista DVD in there?

Back
Top Bottom