Router

firefight

Solid State Member
Haveing bought the tv and ps3, am now trying to connect to the net.

I have managed to get hold of a wirless adsl 54 mbps router.

I am assuming that this and a currant Broadband connection is all i need, being that the ps3 is wirless.

Is this correct or should i get a better router.

Yes that should be fine. All you need to do is hook the router up to your ISP's Ethernet jack and turn it on. Then go into the PS3 settings and configure the wireless network. It should pick it up right away. Then setup the connection and your good to go.

Let us know how you make out. Also just curious what games you picked up? Gran Turismo Prologue comes out on the 15th I can't wait!!!

ISP's Ethernet jack ???????

Maybe i dont know as much as i thought.

Do i plug straight in to phone line, or have to go through the broadband modem from the isp.

Games bought,

Rainbox 6 las vegas and enchanted, also it came with some racing game gt prolouge or something, dont normally do that type of game so not really bothered by it.

My main reason for buying it was the use of music and internet connection + having a 6 year old son that wants to throw bombs and kill things,

OK tried the wireless router i had accquired, its broken, i was supprised how easy it was to get now i know why.

I connected the cable directly into the back of the PS3, wired.
and directly into the phone jack via a filter.

Still no joy.

I would consider myself fairly technical when it comes to pc and the in's and out's of such, but this is becomeing a mission.

Am i missing something so blatently obvious.

Were did you get the router? Because if I was you I would try to return it. What brand of router was it also?

its kewl mate.

It appeared that my modem is capable of wireless ( who knew).

So have done it, and managed to stream all the stuff i wanted across to the ps3,

Thanks to all for your help.

Yes its looking good, few problems getting online to play the games,

Think the ports need opening.

And i need to invest in a good amplifer and speaker system, but cant find any speakers i like.

But apart from that i am supprised how differant an experiance watching tv can be. Someone else has suggested the blue ray disc's, so might rent one this weekend to see what its like.

Well what type of movies do you like? I'm slowing getting a collection going myself. Some one's recent that I recommend. If you look through the reviews section I've reviewed a few Blu Rays in there.

If your into action Hitman is a under rated gem. Looks pretty good and has grade A audio. Granted you don't have a audio system yet but its still a great movie.

No country for old men is also supposed to be extremely good although I have not picked that title up yet.

For horror 30 days of night is pretty gory and is pure eye candy. The plot is a little weak at some points but overall its a great movie. Also Resident Evil Extinction is really good. I know the first was decent the second movie sucked but the 3rd extinction was put together well and you can't beat Milla Jovovich in HD :)

If your into Sci Fi check out Sunshine easily the best Sci Fi that has been released lately. Some of the shots from outerspace and the sun are freaking crazy in 1080P.

Also Planet Earth is supposed to be a must have Blu Ray series. I have not picked it up yet but I really should. I've watched the series on TV already so I'm not in a huge rush. It basically takes you on a tour of the entire world with stunning shots of nature. I know it looked great on satellite so I can only imagine how well it will look on Blu Ray.

I'm really happy today though I finally got my 5 free Blu Rays by mail through a Sony promo. I had given up hope since it has been almost 4 months since I sent the redemption in.

Back
Top Bottom