advice

well as i said a high clock speed pentium 4 is an old processor but due to the high clock speed it will still run up there with some low end C2D's

and the diff between DDR and DDR2 is the speed at which the RAM runs at i belive pc3200 runs at 400Mhz now the standard is becoming DDR2 800Mhz RAM and infact there moving onto more expensive DDR3 at the moment running at 1600Mhz,

DDR2 is amazingly cheap at the moment aswell so now would be the time to upgrade before DDR3 becomes the new standard and you have to pay alot more out to update.

yh system looks ok to me,

i mean a p 4 at 3Ghz is still not a bad processor and can play with some of the low end C2D's the RAM well you have a sufficient amount shame its not DDR2 but lets not go there,

so yeah looks like jus the video card that needs an upgrade,

you cant really get a better socket 478 processor so thats ok until you upgrade your motherboard, same for the RAM cant upgrade to DDR2 until you get new motherboard,

so if you have a fairly big budget you could basicly get all new motherboard, CPU and RAM

or if its only a smallish busget it suggest upgrade video card
Post of the thread so far, the i875p chipset was a good one so a video card along the lines of 6xxx or 7xxxGS is about all there is left to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom