Did you go to school to learn about computers?

DUDE MAN

In Runtime
Hi all,

DUDE MAN's here. I'm new to this forum but not so new to the computer but just want to learn more from you all. This is my first post so please go easy. :D

I was just wondering how many of you here actually went to school to learn about the computer and all that computer related stuff? The reason why I ask is because I want to learn more about the computer and the technical side of it also. Is it possible to learn some of this on your own or is it so hard that you have to go to school to learn this kind of stuff? Please excuse my English becuase it is not my native language. The question I want to ask is:

Can you learn computer programming, computer network, hacking and web design and all others all on your own with the help from others and from online forums? I know it sounds vague but I want to know which can you learn on your own with online forums and help from others and which will required some school?

I have been victims before and I don't want to have to go through that stage again so I've decided to invest some times into learning these things. All inputs and feedbacks are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a awesome day.:D :) :D

I voted "I went to school to learn about computers"

But that doesn't mean you have to. I did because I wanted a degree in it so I can get a job in that field.

You can probably teach yourself anything you want to know about computers. There are online forums, online guides, books, etc... that you can read yourself and learn. It all depends on you. Some people have a hard time understanding anything to do with computers, others find it rather simple. Try reading up on simple things first and get a feel for whether you will be able to learn on your own or will need help.

I voted "I went to school to learn about computers"

But that doesn't mean you have to. I did because I wanted a degree in it so I can get a job in that field.

You can probably teach yourself anything you want to know about computers. There are online forums, online guides, books, etc... that you can read yourself and learn. It all depends on you. Some people have a hard time understanding anything to do with computers, others find it rather simple. Try reading up on simple things first and get a feel for whether you will be able to learn on your own or will need help.

Hey, thanks for the reply Fireball.

Does it involve lots of math in learning the computer? And if it does, what kind of math is involved? I'm just curious because I'm not very good at math. And I also heard that in order to get into IT, you have to be good at math. Is that true also? I don't really mind learning math as long I actually have a use for it, like computers.

How long did it take you to understand the tehnical side of computers and programming, networking, security and all that stuff?

Depends on what you do. For the most part, No. Though if you go to school and major in computer science, you will have to take alot of math courses.

There is so much to learn that you never really stop learning. I only know alittle about each of those catagories. I think you are being way too general when you ask that question. All those catagories that you mentioned are so huge that you can't really generalize them or even put them in the same group. It is like asking how long it took someone to understand engineering, when there are subcatagories of engineering that are completely different than others(electrical, nuclear, mechanical, etc..)

Depends on what you do. For the most part, No. Though if you go to school and major in computer science, you will have to take alot of math courses.

There is so much to learn that you never really stop learning. I only know alittle about each of those catagories. I think you are being way too general when you ask that question. All those catagories that you mentioned are so huge that you can't really generalize them or even put them in the same group. It is like asking how long it took someone to understand engineering, when there are subcatagories of engineering that are completely different than others(electrical, nuclear, mechanical, etc..)

Thanks for clarifying. I know my questions are so general because I don't really know much more than that. I've been using computers for a while now but I don't really know about such subcategories.

You're right, you can never really stop learning. It's just too much to learn in a lifetime. I appreciate it though. Thanks.:D

I for the most part taught myself. That being said, my friends helped me by telling my were to go to get information on stuff that I wanted to know but, i did all the screwing up of the computer by myself. Just like so many of us have done.

When i was at school we had computer class's but they were more like IT class's
which i found boring. i would have to say learn for your self maybe a online fourm can help you but the best way to learn is DO IT YOUR SELF.

Back
Top Bottom