very long page

I still am confused what exactly what it is doing again?

Click on the social lounge and look at the page numbers to the right of New Thread button. You have to scroll sideways a long way to get to the last page. It shouldn't be like that. It should be the first 30 or so pages then have a drop down box allowing you to select another page without scrolling sideways.

i think that if this change is made it will also speed up CF's

i mean not so much the numbers but because the numbers go so far along it has to load the background accordingly and that adds up to quiet a large image,

reduce the number of page numbers and have less background making smaller webpages making faster browsing ;)

i think that if this change is made it will also speed up CF's

i mean not so much the numbers but because the numbers go so far along it has to load the background accordingly and that adds up to quiet a large image,

reduce the number of page numbers and have less background making smaller webpages making faster browsing ;)

yeah, hadn't thought of that....it might speed up the site as an added bonus!

Click on the social lounge and look at the page numbers to the right of New Thread button. You have to scroll sideways a long way to get to the last page. It shouldn't be like that. It should be the first 30 or so pages then have a drop down box allowing you to select another page without scrolling sideways.

Yea I am with it.

This is what they have on another forum I go to running vB 3.5.3
pagenumbers.jpg

That is nice. Yea I rather have that, but have only the first two pages then the last page so you know all the page numbers.

it may be set on the user control panel, but to a new member looking around it might send out the wrong message, afterall we are a computer forum, and having miles and miles of page numbers doesnt look overly professional, it was better before, when it just put them underneath each other, but now it streches them.. the best way to do it would just be to have pages 1-6, and the others either searchable or just on a view more button

Back
Top Bottom