Car Thread!

You won't get more than 6-8HP from a CAI, maybe a bit more if you have a high-flow exhaust. It's just a lot of companies advertise their CAI to give you an extra 20HP and it's complete and utter bullshit cause either it's made up or they dyno it while they have racing parts like high-flow headers, exhaust and a track pipe, not just what the part itself adds if you keep everything else stock.
That's kinda what I thought too. Mine is a 4.0, so it will improve proly a little more. I'm sure its better then stock, but its not worth the $300 or so they cost... What kind of engine mods can you do to add HP that arent that expensive? If there is such a thing as a cheap mod, lol.

About two weeks ago I changed my oil over to synthetic. Its about due for the change with synthetic. I'm done with the break in period for it, because right now its just cleaning out all the old crap. I gotta do the change here come monday.

yo lamb i like your new car. They're pretty awesome cars IMO. One thing that is for sure though, is you need to swap those stock rims for some nicer rims and low pro's. That would be the only thing I would make sure to go eventually even though you plan to keep it stock but then again it wouldn't hurt to do a bit of modding (apart from the hurt on the wallet).

About two weeks ago I changed my oil over to synthetic. Its about due for the change with synthetic. I'm done with the break in period for it, because right now its just cleaning out all the old crap. I gotta do the change here come monday.
Get anything more done on that scout? You should throw a V8 in there man, lol. I want to put a 5.0 in my ranger, but gas... Even though I would only loose a MPG or 2. I'll wait til Im outta college and making decent money. For now, I need to get some rims and mud tires, and a L/S... Its embarressing when my truck gets stuck where my friends honda civic makes it through, even though he sucks at driving, lol.

Back
Top Bottom