Cant start windows..

Exclikers

Baseband Member
Hi guys...

i am repairing an old PC Pentium 200 MMX..

the problem is when i am installing windows 98..

First, i install the win98 on the Pentium 2 PC, but it doesn't continue after the copying files.. it says terminated...

Then i get the hard disk and put it on my Old Pentium III Pc.. and it continue the installation until finish at the windows without errors...

Then when i put it back on the Pentium 2, the windows continues.. but i say this message.. "This Program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" - then it hangs. i cant move anything...

so what is the problem?? is it on the hardware?? how can i fix it?? please tell me

Thanks

it looks like a dead hardrive to me, best bet would be to goto the hardrive manafucturers website and down load a diagnostics tool, they usually supply iso which can be burned to a bootable c.d and it will test it for you,

could also be faulty / scratched win 98 disk

their should be another reading error defo, but thats not your harddisk i don't think, i don't think its anythbing but your bios settings.

But yet I could be wrong, maybe the bios is old? I have no idea, but their should be another error, a number or something, if you can get that back then google it and that would be faster help.

goodluck

try going into bios and setting it as Defualt settings8

try going into bios and setting it as Defualt settings*

Back
Top Bottom