Forum Database Help

xxguit3rxx

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am looking to make a website for my game clan, that has a database, meaning I can have people login and have a control panel, and it saves everyone so I can make a member list. I have the site already, I just need to know how to make a database, if thats what it is. I am not smart with coding, I know very little about html, php i know nothing. I would like to know everything that I need to make this possible. And how to do it, or if somebody could lead me to a website where they actually explain what to do, but i have looked and have found nothing.

Please let me know
Thanks,
xxguit3rxx

not trying to burst your bubble but this would be a huge undertaking for you with your current skill set.

i know this because i do it for a living... i do .NET mostly though

if you really wanna try it... read some PHP and MySQL books and go to w3schools.com and you should be good

why not get a forum software such as phpbb3, get some hosting with mysql support, make a database using the very simple wizard, then just modify the forums to include w/e you want in the control panel (theres lots of mods out there)

You're best off going with some simple with GoDaddy. As much as I hate them, I have found them the easiest to use for entry-levels. Download phpBB and follow their instructions. It should be straight-forward. If you have questions about phpBB you could ask on their forum also.

Back
Top Bottom