question about windows xp service pack 3

raymondxcho

Solid State Member
hey, im new to this site and im not much of a computer guy. so just bear with me =]

anyways, i recently reformatted my computer. i had windows xp pro sp2 before and reinstalled it with the same thing. but microsoft website offers sp2 users with an sp3.

so i was just wondering and wanted to ask if there are any sp3 users. and if so, is it worth upgrading to it?

thanks. ^_^

i installed the beta. my computer overall seems a little faster, but i really cant see what the difference is :confused:
well the installer is very easy, just sit back and let it install, reboot, and its done. so id give it a go if i were you, theres nothing to lose

According to my knowledge, SP3 stable was not released yet. You should wait after 15 April. But you should really upgrade to a newer SP because it has some fixes (I donnot what fixers are in SP3 right now)

I wasn't even aware this was out yet--I planned on reformatting tomorrow too. Guess I'll wait til then to install SP3...

I wasn't even aware this was out yet--I planned on reformatting tomorrow too. Guess I'll wait til then to install SP3...

It isn't out yet, only RELEASE CANDIDATES are out, these are not the full version and are intended for testing purposes only, and not for deployment to production computers.

Back
Top Bottom