*The Tuniq Tower Test*

What do you think of the Xigmatek BTW?
I'm intrigued by them, the theory is solid but the results seem to be "below" what I would expect, I just honestly think they should cool better.

I'd still like to have a play with one though but they're not available here as far as I can find.

They feature the same direct heatpipe touch as my Vendetta. And I found that the base benefitted a lot from lapping. And for almost £20 cheaper than the TRUE, surely it's a steal?

Oh yeah, value for money is good, there is no doubt about it. Shame they're not available here or I'd be tempted to grab one.
Maybe that's a good thing though, as I might be getting a divorce over the ASUS 8800GT 512 I just ordered. lol

That'll give me a Q6600 on a P5K with 8800GTS 640MB as well as this one.

Haha I'm sure your marriage will be fine. Is it a reference design 8800GT? If it is then I seriously recommend you cancel your order and get another. The cooler is a POS. It's loud, and can hardly keep the G92 under 90c at stock speeds. Any non-reference card is better.
Are you going to do the pencil mod on your P5K?

I was thinking Zalman VF1000 for the GT, I originally budgeted for it to put on the GTS but it just wasn't needed so the funds are there. I didn't even check whether it was reference or not (was drunk when I ordered it) :D

Asus are usually pretty good, I've yet to have a bad card from them and I've had a few. 4200Ti, 6800Ultra, 7600GT, 8800GTS lol I skipped both the 78xx and 79xx series

Volt mod, probably, the P5K won't be my main pc though so I doubt I'll run it more than 3.2GHz, it will be my backup box.

The Thermaltake duorb is also a very good cooler if it turns out that the card does have a reference cooler.

I wish I had my new 8800GT now, I've got nothing to do and my 6200 is so unbelievably slow. I can't even play TF2.

Just wanted to give you guys and update:

Successfully overclocked and stable system now @ 3200MHz. Temperatures hit 60*C when my ambient temps are at their hottest levels (80*F) in my room.

I'm extremely happy with the performance of the Tuniq Tower. In good conditions (ie. low ambient temps) this heatsink can keep your chip extremely cool, even on the lowest fan settings. I rarely turn up the fan unless I'm running a P95 or Orthos test.

P95 for nine hours...... no problems.
Orthos for 8 hours..... no problems. :)

Cheers,

Chris

Well done mate, seems like good overclocks are becoming the norm on this forum, maybe we should change the name Computer Overclocking Forums

Good job with your OC Ghost, glad you're happy with your Tuniq Tower.

And I think we should have an overclocking subsection.

Back
Top Bottom