Double posts will now auto merged!

That's the drawback to an auto merge. For 24 hrs or what ever time frame is set, it will unmercifully merge any two posts made by the same member, provided there is not a post by another member in between them. The infamous double post is now merged in to one.
Now the catch imposed is both posts have to be made in a 24 hour time frame. 9AM today to 9AM tomorrow for example.
The other one is both posts combined have to be less than 10,000 characters to be merged. If combined the total characters exceed 10,000, then the merge fails and the posts remain unaffected.
I just checked my version and the character count is 10,000 default.

If David or one of the mods would like to put me on to where they got the mod, I'd like to look it over. Maybe there is a way to modify the rules it follows to allow setting a certain amount of characters before it acts. if the post is below that preset, it merges. If it's above it, it gets ignored.

Any mod or hack can be modified.

That's the drawback to an auto merge. For 24 hrs or what ever time frame is set, it will unmercifully merge any two posts made by the same member, provided there is not a post by another member in between them. The infamous double post is now merged in to one.
Now the catch imposed is both posts have to be made in a 24 hour time frame. 9AM today to 9AM tomorrow for example.
The other one is both posts combined have to be less than 10,000 characters to be merged. If combined the total characters exceed 10,000, then the merge fails and the posts remain unaffected.
I just checked my version and the character count is 10,000 default.

If David or one of the mods would like to put me on to where they got the mod, I'd like to look it over. Maybe there is a way to modify the rules it follows to allow setting a certain amount of characters before it acts. if the post is below that preset, it merges. If it's above it, it gets ignored.

Any mod or hack can be modified.

Blackjack, that is probally the only downside to this.

For those of you who don't understand what he is saying, it's a bump to add more info like two hours later informing us how a suggested fix worked. In that case, you could PM a member and have them bump it/add the info for you.

Thanks Celegorm for understanding me and simplifying it. a simple way round it would be implement a thread refresh button.

Back
Top Bottom