So i'm joining the military

Congrats, hope you have a good time.

Do they have diffent rules in Canada about being gay in the military?

It's all okay, we don't have a don't ask don't tell policy and allow members to serve openly. The reserves even recruit at pride festivals. If my country wasn't okay with who I was, I wouldn't serve their military, period.

I took a pic of the recruiting too
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1770/p1010059wv9.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2989/gaysoldiersev9.jpg

It's all okay, we don't have a don't ask don't tell policy and allow members to serve openly. The reserves even recruit at pride festivals. If my country wasn't okay with who I was, I wouldn't serve their military,

wish it was like that over here. im not gay or ne thing, but everyone i go to skool with is homophobic, an and it really pisses me off

lol, no more AIM about DJing

And i'll only be gone for 8 weeks lol, not a lifetime. I'm not fulltime, just reserves. Reserves in Canada is the equivalent to US national guard for the main part of it doesn't have to be full time, but you are welcome to take on full time work if you choose however.

good luck with basic training. It won't be easy. So start training right now cause you will have to do something like 50 (proper) push-ups in 2 minutes, 50 sit-ups in two minutes, and like a 2 mile run in under 15 minutes all within an hour.

And i'll only be gone for 8 weeks lol, not a lifetime. I'm not fulltime, just reserves. Reserves in Canada is the equivalent to US national guard for the main part of it doesn't have to be full time, but you are welcome to take on full time work if you choose however.
I forgot you were in Canada not US, so that's not too bad. At least you're not at war or anything, lol. But no offense to anyone in it, but the National Guard is kinda like the shit job when you have to go into Iraq for it... My friends brother/and other friends BF, is in the National guard, and he is a Paratrooper... And the gunner on the humvee. So yeah, basically, the first ones to hit the action... Scary, and exciting.
My friend's stepdad was supposed to be in the Military during the draft, and he told the recruiter he was gay, and so he didnt get drafted. Kinda wimpy way to get out of it really...

It won't be that hard, and I already have a fair bit of experience

I was a Cadet for 4.5 years, so I've already done a far bit of military training, though Cadet training was nowhere near as physically demanding. D88's listed physical requirements are also beyond that of the army and moreso like JTF2.

Shooting, drill and outdoor skills are all great skills of mine. And hey, the living space in the videos I saw is far better than that of the basic training for Cadets as well :p Oh yeah, I also learned today that I need to be able to drive a truck (After training, signal operators get to do alot of driving :D )

EDIT: We are fighting a war in Afghanistan (still)

They probably wouldn't even let you join over here. They wont admit it, but the military is prejudice against homosexuals.

I forgot you were in Canada not US, so that's not too bad. At least you're not at war or anything, lol. But no offense to anyone in it, but the National Guard is kinda like the shit job when you have to go into Iraq for it... My friends brother/and other friends BF, is in the National guard, and he is a Paratrooper... And the gunner on the humvee. So yeah, basically, the first ones to hit the action... Scary, and exciting.
My friend's stepdad was supposed to be in the Military during the draft, and he told the recruiter he was gay, and so he didnt get drafted. Kinda wimpy way to get out of it really...

but...isnt he already a dad so he wouldnt be...nvm

ive already done basic training on Americas Army
so how much harder could it be in real life aye :)

but...isnt he already a dad so he wouldnt be...nvm
No, he wasnt at the time, and he is only a step-dad. So my friends mom may just be cover-up!! lol, jk.
I know I wont get drafted ever... Diabetes... Kinda sucks, cause I would consider military otherwise maybe. Gets a helluva a lot paid for, and the years you are serving, you dont need to pay for much, so you can save a lot of money, then, when you are older you will have a lot MORE money and yeah.

So this means I should start campaigning for mod soon eh? lol. Superman22x for MOD!!!

Back
Top Bottom