Baseband Member
Here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 4600+
2.41 GHz
2GB of Ram
250GB Hard Drive
80GB Hard Drive
Windows XP Home on the 250GB Harddrive - Vista Home Premium on 80GB Drive
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT 256 MB PCI-E (2 DVI)
SoundBlaster Audigy SE Sound Card

I currently have FS9 installed on the Vista harddrive and this is a problem that I am having:

2eg5rtu.jpg

You'll notice that the model of the Cessna is kinda of distorted. When doing a flight the distortion occurs with the scenery as well. My current gameplay mode is 1280 x 1024 at fullscreen. This is the same resolution that I play at when I only had windows XP installed on this PC. However, when I play in window mode, everythings fine. I would like to know whats going on?

I did notice that when installing vista, the drivers for my Nvidia 7600GT have already been installed. So I did not have to use the driver disc for the video card however, the Nvidia control dialogue which is located in the taskbar next to the PC clock is not installed. So I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I've never had this problem before when running the simulator in Windows XP.

Any suggestions?

reinstall it?

Reinstall the graphics card? Done that
Reinstall the Operating system? Done that
Reinstall FS9? Done that too.

I have the lastest DirectX 9c. Its not too big of a deal but it does suck not being able to fly in fullscreen mode.

Like artifacts you mean? Have you overclocked the card? As artifacts occur when the GPU is overheating, caused by the overclock. What are your 7600GT's temps under load?

Try reducing the clock speeds of the GPU and running the game.

Like artifacts you mean? Have you overclocked the card? As artifacts occur when the GPU is overheating, caused by the overclock. What are your 7600GT's temps under load?

Try reducing the clock speeds of the GPU and running the game.

Nope not artifacts. The model looks skewed. The scenery does the samething. I have not done any overclocking on my card. I've been afraid to because if not done right, bye bye graphics card.

Is that something I check in the bios?
You can use: Nvidia Ntune, PC Wizard 2008, CPUID HW monitor (from the same people who make CPU-Z), Everest, etc etc...

Back
Top Bottom