A white Deer, in the middle of the yard?!?

superman22x

Golden Master
So I got to my friends house just now, and there is a white deer in the middle of the driveway!! When I got closer, it just troted off, to the middle of the yard. So I stopped about 10 feet from it and tried taking a pic. Then we went outside and took some more pics, I got within 5 feet of it! This deer isnt scared, and I have never seen a white deer before. And its not like the usual rack of antlers, they are more like moose antlers.
It's really wierd, any idea what it might be?

It also has like wire and a rag tangled around one antler...

whitedeer2.jpg

whitedeer.jpg

Not great pics, took them from a video...

Are his eyes a little pinkish in color? If they are, he is an albino deer. Albino animals are illegal to kill, I think. Federal law.

If his eyes aren't pink, then I have no idea what kind of deer it is.

I would really like to see the pics, I have never seen anything other than the generic brown deer.

Albinos are usually all white, with no color variations. I'm guessing the brown spot on his head is the rag, if not he has a really cool do... lol..

Of course, he could just be a different breed of deer. Wikipedia and google aren't helping me find out though.

Looks pretty cool, and if he lets you get close enough, see if you can do him a favor and get the rag off. It probably doesn't hurt him any, but it would annoy me to have a rag stuck to my head all day...

No, you should never touch wild animals cause if they have a human scent its bad for them... But yeah the rag is the brown spot. Around here we only have white-tailed deer.

that's cool that you saw that. It's a rare sight, especially one with antlers like that. Are you sure that it was a rag on his antler and not the velvet they shed? It's late in the year but who knows that velvet could have been there for some time already.

I didn't know about the human scent thing. Of course, I know the human scent and baby bird thing is not true (Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs took care of that myth) so I don't know about other bigger animals. Oh, well. It will eventually come off anyway.

Well, apparently its from a nearby farm or something. Or so my friend says... So yeah, its not as exciting as I thought...

Back
Top Bottom