Windows Vista Ultimate - Aero

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have been runny vista ultimate on my desktop pc for a while, it all runs nicely. This also the case for my laptop except the graphics card is too rubbish to run aero. I was wondering is there is some way to force aero to run or if anyone knew of a decent replacement theme to the "Windows Basic" as it is horrible compared to aero. It seems strange that this laptop can run Half Life 2: Lost Coast on 1024 x 768 but cannot do a bit of transparency. This is my laptop's spec:

Pentium 4 2.4GHz
30GB HDD
ATI Radeon IGP 340M
1024MB RAM

I have tried hacking my vista rating so that it is above 3 but this did nothing. Thanks for any help.

If your GPU can't use Aero then don't force it. Aero uses a lot of resources anyways. But, if your PC can't, then, that's weird. Your GPU just may not be compatible?

I know that the gpu is good enough, I don't think it even has any shaders. I also know that its likely that it will run slowly (if at all), but I just really don't like using the basic theme :(.

yeah, i think that you need a minimum of 2 GB of ram to run aero

Yeah Aero requires some juice and a card (a card usually, there might be some integrated chipsets that'll do it).

On a separate (and brief) note, I just upped the QX9650 on Aquos up to 4.0GHz, further proving that the QX9775 lacks good value and is not worth moving back to DDR2 (FB-DIMMs), and just simply is not a smart choice, not even for servers.

I ran it on my old PC which had 768MB RAM and an ATI Radeon 9550 256MB. I know it is the gpu that is the problem, I was just wondering if anybody knew if there was a way to force it to run, or if anyone knew of an alternate theme that I could download which is similar to Aero. Thanks for the replies by the way.

i dont recommend forcing, it might make your computer lag

Back
Top Bottom