Unblocking website ( NO PROXIES )

usmcscout123

Solid State Member
Alright My last boss came up here and had called someone to block a few websites on our work computer ...now with a new boss he could care less as too what websites we visit. Anybody know how to go into IE and unblock those step by step please. Please dont suggest proxies as most of them suck horribly.
Computer is running windows running windows xp professional

Thanks,
Scout

First I would talk to your IT dept. if you have one. They can do it really easy for you. If you don't have an IT dept. then I would try and find out if your old boss installed any software on the network, or all the computers, and then delete it. Those would be the first things that I would try.

Cheers!

if your workplace is using a proxy site, then most likely your not going to get around un-blocking web sites if they have them blocked. i'm pretty sure.

Alright My last boss came up here and had called someone to block a few websites on our work computer ...now with a new boss he could care less as too what websites we visit. Anybody know how to go into IE and unblock those step by step please. Please dont suggest proxies as most of them suck horribly.

Thanks,
Scout

This is something that is done at a network level, it is not done on individual computers.

yea if its a half decent network your screwed unless you talk to them or use a proxy. for example the internet they provide for me at school is filtered. the only work around is a proxy.

If your new boss doesn't care what sites you visit (silly him) then he should contact the Admin of his network and have them make the proper changes so you can surf the net without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom