Double posts will now auto merged!

David Lindon

Golden Master
If you double post it will now be automatically merged into your previous post. (They appear as additional posts but if you hit refresh you will see they have been merged)

If you double post it will now be automatically merged into your previous post. (They appear as additional posts but if you hit refresh you will see they have been merged)

if there is an old post and someone is bumping it to get additional info etc how will it work then will it still be auto merged

and what if posts exceed the size limit what will happen to the system then as obv it cant be merged

and will the new post that will be merged still actually bump the thread back to the top or will it be seen as the old post stil

sorry to seem childish but testing this feature now

pretty cool i must say

if there is an old post and someone is bumping it to get additional info etc how will it work then will it still be auto merged

and what if posts exceed the size limit what will happen to the system then as obv it cant be merged

and will the new post that will be merged still actually bump the thread back to the top or will it be seen as the old post stil

sorry to seem childish but testing this feature now

pretty cool i must say

The default code is it stops auto-merging after 24 hours. I don't know if David has changed that at all.

If posts reach any kind of limits, they will not auto-merge, simply because they cannot.

It shouldn't bump it up. Assuming it's based on the normal merge code for mods, it will keep the time of the first post.

Hmm.. Mind if I test the feature?

Post 1 was here -----

Post 2 goes here ------

EDIT-- Works! Its a good feature, and I like it. Hopefully David kept the 24 hour default, as the FS/FT threads would not benifit from this otherwise. This is a good way to reduce spam as well. Good job, Dave!

i remember back in the day when we used to have this feature on here. i loved it. i still dont know why it stopped working :confused: vb upgrade?
nm its all good now :)

now that we have introduced this equivalent to a "sippy cup" we should bring brookfield back.

now that we have introduced this equivalent to a "sippy cup" we should bring brookfield back.
defeats the object of a PB, and besides i think hes happier on the war forum he was on when i last emailed him

as dude_se said.. would defeat the object of a PB

plus double posting wasnt the only reason for the ban..

p.s. test!!

Back
Top Bottom