How To make A OS???

qwerty94

Solid State Member
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to make there own OS as I would like to be able to make my own or adapt someone else's.

Thanks
qwerty94 :D

writing an os isnt easy and isnt the sort of thing you can just do yourself overnight for example in windows xp there are thought to be aprox 40million source lines of code so you cant write and debug all that on your own quickly

Hi,

Is it possible to change someone else's os script??

Or a Linex Script??

Thanks
qwerty94

you could in reality change a linux source code to implement your own features as linux is open source however its illegal to do this to any windows software
and i would first if you where interested in doing this think of a feature you could implement to make it better

Hi Muz,

Ok so if i do that do you know were i could get a linux source code from? Also what to use to edit it.

Thanks
qwerty94

it would be a big undertaking to make your own OS from scratch so modifying one that's already been created like a Linux distro would be more wise. All the works been done that way and you're free to customize it to however you want but for me personally thats never been an interest. I did write my own simple shell program though.

If you want the source code for a Linux Distro (such as Debian) then just google for it. An example google search could be "Debian Source Code"

If you look at any program on web.sourceforge.com you get get the source code for the program. That is the biggest free open source website on the net. Plus anytime you download a Linux or Unix program you can get the source code.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom