People in the back of truck??? American Sensai!!!

Down here it IS illegal. People may occupy the back of a truck (ie. a blazer, bronco, which has a semi back bed). The afrorementioned vehicles it's legal as they usually have a back seat with the appropriate seat belts/restraints. As for the remainder of trucks, which I think is what your referring to, Yes, It is illegal as hell as each individual has no sense of safety with being detained by a seatbelt. It's a safety issue. If you can argue to the Cop that your friends are properly restrained in some way then go for it, If you can't, Then your likely playing with fire as well as putting your friends lives in danger.

in Florida, its not illegal

i dont get that, (for the record, im not saying you're wrong) the commercials that say the whole "from coast to coast, cops are cracking down, if you dont have a seatbelt, you're getting a ticket" i dont see why that wouldnt apply to florida, maybe im thinking of something different, idk...

i dont get that, (for the record, im not saying you're wrong) the commercials that say the whole "from coast to coast, cops are cracking down, if you dont have a seatbelt, you're getting a ticket" i dont see why that wouldnt apply to florida, maybe im thinking of something different, idk...

I guess it just applies if you are inside the cab of the vehicle...lol

Seatbelts are nothing more than a safety issue. There were COUNTLESS times that I rode in the back of my dads truck when I was a youngin, I remember when I thought wearing a seatbelt was the worst thing, Lord forbid a hot girl drove up next to my pop and I driving and I was wearing a seatbelt! Now-a-days my vehicle wont go into drive if my seatbelt isn't on, It's just a habit for me. Being a Cop helps as well, Because I get to see first hand what no seatbelt will do to someone, and it brings me to tears every time.

Every day I pull people over who don't have their seatbelts on, Do I issue citations for it, Usually not, as I consider it an asshole move to hound people with tickets about no seatbelt, But I do give them an earful. Then there's other times I get a truly twisted tool who loves to play games with me, Then I start racking up the charges, :eek: Haha, Who's laughing now!! J/k.

I guess it just applies if you are inside the cab of the vehicle...lol

ah, lol, well i suppose that makes sense in a twisted way :p

@ sensei, ya, the seatbelt is the first thing that happens when i get into my truck, even if im just moving it in my driveway, its habit to slap it on, which is good, like you, i've seen what not wearing seatbelts can do, when using the jaws of life to pry somebody out from under their own back seat, its some pretty nasty stuff :(

Seatbelts are nothing more than a safety issue. There were COUNTLESS times that I rode in the back of my dads truck when I was a youngin, I remember when I thought wearing a seatbelt was the worst thing, Lord forbid a hot girl drove up next to my pop and I driving and I was wearing a seatbelt! Now-a-days my vehicle wont go into drive if my seatbelt isn't on, It's just a habit for me. Being a Cop helps as well, Because I get to see first hand what no seatbelt will do to someone, and it brings me to tears every time.

Every day I pull people over who don't have their seatbelts on, Do I issue citations for it, Usually not, as I consider it an asshole move to hound people with tickets about no seatbelt, But I do give them an earful. Then there's other times I get a truly twisted tool who loves to play games with me, Then I start racking up the charges, :eek: Haha, Who's laughing now!! J/k.

On saturday we were driving with my freind (looking at some houses) and he got pulled over anf given a £30 fine for not wearing a seatbelt.

Later that same day we went out again in a different car and again he didn't put his seat belt on! trouble is he never wears a seat belt. either in his car or in someone else's. (unless he's told to).

one day he'll probably die because of it or something. (idiot).

Well, I figured teh seatbelt thing was something, I know its stupid not to wear one, which is why I would drive slower, but it's not me its most likely going to be another idiot that hits me, lol. Yeah, I dont think I would go into town or anything with ppl in the back of my truck, but I thought I'd check.
I said ok this time, cause we were just going 1/2 mile down my road for filming a movie, and didnt want to bring 3 cars, and I only have 2 seats in my truck... No middle bench seat or anything.

Back
Top Bottom