The arrogance on the BBC!

David Lindon

Golden Master
They feel they don't have to pay for bandwidth used by the on demand service, iplayer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7336940.stm

I have to pay for the bandwidth this site uses just like every site has to!

This is the best quote:

"The question is about whether we invest in extra capacity or go to the consumer and ask them to pay a BBC tax,"

We already do, the license fee! we should scrap it in my opinion

what? if i watched any tv i would turn it off but i dont. thats really arrogant, if they created some half decent programs then i would think yes that money is going somewhere good but they dont. infact all tv these days are aload of bull.... LONG LIVE THE TORRENT!!!! altho on the other hand if it is forcing the ISPs to gain more bandwidth and upgrade then it could have its plus sides

BBC tax?.....I'll tell you what, I have BBC America on my Directv dish, and I haven't found a half decent program that I'd want to watch on there besides Top Gear. If I had to pay money for that channel I wouldn't have it. I download Top Gear episodes anyway.

BBC pays for their internet bandwidth. What the ISP's want is to tax BBC even more because a large number of their users are downloading alot of media from BBC.

On every end, someone is paying for the bandwidth, ISP's just want BBC to pay twice.

Here's an example.

You make a new video website. You pay 25000$ a month for 4x1000Gb internet connections to the internet. This bandwidth is bought from a backbone provider, suck as Cogent or Level 1. Your site becomes REALLY popular, and everyone in the country loves it, and spends alot of time at it.

Now, an ISP aimed at consumers notices many of their customers are on this site, and it's highly raising the amount. This ISP's traffic consumption rises a bit, and maybe they have to buy another link onto the internet costing them money. These ISP's now want BBC to pay them money. So now, two (or more) ISP's now want BBC's money.

BBC tax?.....I'll tell you what, I have BBC America on my Directv dish, and I haven't found a half decent program that I'd want to watch on there besides Top Gear. If I had to pay money for that channel I wouldn't have it. I download Top Gear episodes anyway.

Keep in mind their programming doesn't have commercial intervals. So the program they're watching runs continuously without interruptions.

BBC News and BBC World are a few programs I'll watch if I had the channel. They're both better than CNN U.S. and Fox News.

Keep in mind their programming doesn't have commercial intervals. So the program they're watching runs continuously without interruptions.

BBC News and BBC World are a few programs I'll watch if I had the channel. They're both better than CNN U.S. and Fox News.
BBC America has commercials.....

Yeah, that's why when you download Top Gear, all the episodes have no advertisements and interruptions. It's just an hour of complete motoring sweetness.

As for the BBC, I sure as hell like them more than Fox News.

Yeah, that's why when you download Top Gear, all the episodes have no advertisements and interruptions. It's just an hour of complete motoring sweetness.

As for the BBC, I sure as hell like them more than Fox News.
Hmm...I did not know that.

Yeah. It's quite nice...I used to think it was the people who posted them up who took out the commercials, but it's actually just like that.

Back
Top Bottom