Baseband Member
Before I start asking questions, here is my system specs of my PC:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 4600+
2.41 GHz
2GB of Ram
250GB Hard Drive
80GB Hard Drive
Windows Vista Home Premium
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT 256 MB PCI-E (2 DVI)
SoundBlaster Audigy SE Sound Card

Now I used to have XP Home installed on this system. I am wondering if this current configuration is good enough to run both XP and Vista. I made the switch to vista because some of few of my friends have bought new PCs that are preinstalled with Vista and if any of them has a computer problem, I'm the one they call. So I got a copy of Vista Home Premium and installed it on my computer. And so far things are working out great. The main softwares that I normally use on my PC work. The only problem I'm having right now is Flight Simulator 2004 cannot run in fullscreen mode. In full screen mode I get these graphic distortions with the airplane models and the scenery itself. However in window mode, I have no problems. So thats one thing that bothers me a little.

So I was thinking of installing Windows XP on the 2nd hard drive to specifically play only Flight Simulator 2004. I can use Vista for all other things such as editing photos and videos, watching movies and all that other good stuff. Plus I can learn more about the Vista operating system.

So what do you guys think?

You should have no problem installing XP on the other hdd. I am guessing that you have Vista on the 250 and want to install XP on the 80, right.

Cheers!

I have Vista on the 80 GB harddrive. I figured I would be able to do that. I just wanted to make sure.

I got XP installed on the bigger hard drive but I am unable to choose which operating system I want to startup with when I restart the computer. Is there some software that I need in order to do this?

EDIT: Nevermind guys. I found me that VistaBootPro and all is good.

Back
Top Bottom