Hardrive In Freezer Test

i should slap my friend lol, she knows better than not to back things up, this is 2 years worth of psychology course work.

Edit, pretty sure its almost completely dead, cant cd to anywhere on the drive, cd C:/windows etc

"the system cannot find the file or directory specified"

o well

i told her last night that the drive was broke and i dont think i will be able to recover n e thing, i said ill give it a shot tomorrow but i doubt it, so i already broke it to her i jus have to phone and say your pc is working but you cant get your work. back it up next time !

I Have heard it works for all kind of batteries,i have done it once with a pair of NIMH rechargeable batteries,and i noticed a differrence in power time.

As far as I remember on the XP disc, to repair, you are supposed to hit "R". Recovery is what you need to do if something is missing. Did it with a virus infested system that took out a boot file. Worked fine after I did the recovery. Sounds like the drive is dead though.

I Have heard it works for all kind of batteries,i have done it once with a pair of NIMH rechargeable batteries,and i noticed a differrence in power time.

so if i tried it with my samsung laptop battery, ehich is this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAPTOP-BATTER...242673567QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120242673567

it could work. so what i would need to do is:

1. Discharge battery fully
2. freeze for how long...?
3. Fully charge back up
4. Repeat and rinse for how many times...?

edit: at the moment my battery has lost over half of it charge within 25 mins

ok i know that this may or may not work, but have you tried putting the dead hhd set up as a slave drive, and seeing if windows detects it ??

if so, then just reformat it after you retrive the files from it.... just a thought.

yes i have and it slows my boot time down and hand after the xp load screen

Back
Top Bottom