9800GTX or 9800GX2

Wait, wait. You have the 680i mobo, right? The 9800GX2 is really just two 8800GTSs stuck together (two PCBs) but with reduced clock speeds. It would be better (and cheaper) to buy two 8800GTSs. They would be more overclockable and cooler.

I would wait for the prices to come down before I go out and get a 9800GX2. That is the next card I am getting but I am waiting till after summer to make a full build and use the 9800GX2

Wait, wait. You have the 680i mobo, right? The 9800GX2 is really just two 8800GTSs stuck together (two PCBs) but with reduced clock speeds. It would be better (and cheaper) to buy two 8800GTSs. They would be more overclockable and cooler.

My computer I have the 650i, my other build that I made for my dad is the 680i. I will not be able to sli on my 650i mob though, I ghettofied it lol. I dropped heat sinks on all the chips on the mobo with as5 and a dag of j&b weld so there is no way ill be able to remove those heatsinks for sli w/o ruining the mobo lol. But my mobo temps are wonderful lol :)

I would say go ahead and get the 9800GTX, There is no point getting the GX2 because of the price, and the heat issue is also a downer. Get the 9800GTX from EVGA, so in 3 month when the 10 series comes out (assuming they do) u can do a step up, that's what I am doing now.

You're nuts. You have a good computer as it is, I don't see why you would waste money on it. Until there are more games than just crysis that could really benefit from a new GPU, I don't see the point.

You're nuts. You have a good computer as it is, I don't see why you would waste money on it. Until there are more games than just crysis that could really benefit from a new GPU, I don't see the point.

I didn't see that he already has the GT one, in that case don't get anything until the 10 series, about 3 more month :D

The Gainward 8800GTS 1GB is definitely the one to go for. It outperforms the 9800GTX especially when filters are enabled.

Back
Top Bottom