9800GTX or 9800GX2

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I'm buying 1 of them tomorrow on newegg, and don't know which 1 to buy. the 9800Gx2 is is almost double the price, but is the performance that much better? also would the 9800GTX be a huge jump from my 8800GTS 640MB?

9800GX2 would be the one to buy. It is the only one that is alot better than your current card. 9800GTX is not even as good as an 8800 Ultra. If your stuck in the middle the other card that is awesome performing as in better than the 8800 Ultra but not as good as the 9800GX2 is the ATI Radeon 3870x2. If I were in your position and I had the money I would go with 9800GX2 and if I did not have the money I would go with the Radeon 3870x2

I just read some benches online today. The 8800gtx is just slightly worse then the 9800gtx. The 9800gtx is 7% better then the 8 series version... And in games at high res. the 8800gtx beats it...

that's a sad disappointment from Nvidia I guess. I've decided then I'm going to wait. I'm afraid to pay 600 bucks for a card on last years technology, a with a little little research on the cards, I'm really disappointed.

Wait for the 10 series or something, lol. You dont need it. The only game you really cant max is crysis for now probably.

I suggest you stick to the GTS. I've got the same and I'm totally happy. Is there a main reason you want to upgrade?

theres no reason, I just like to have the best really lol. But I think the right thing to do right now is wait. So far crysis is the only game I cant max out that I have

theres no reason, I just like to have the best really lol. But I think the right thing to do right now is wait. So far crysis is the only game I cant max out that I have

Yeah, wait for it man. Come to your senses, lol.

There's absolutely no reason for you to upgrade at this point if you've got the 8800GTS. You can max out just about anything except Crysis (like you said) and IMO that's not worth upgrading a GPU for.

You must have money to kill, wow!:cool:

Just keep waiting

Back
Top Bottom