Java/Flash problems...?

What do you use for an anti-virus? Only reason I ask is because an old version of Norton I ran used to block flash/java when I had it's ad-block enabled.

That might be it. We have Norton AntiVirus 2004... But I don't remember changing anything that'd affect it. Now that you mention it, it might be a possibility. I think I remember Norton changing or messing up or something around the time when the problem started

My virus definitions are old, and the renewal date is "expired." We never really looked into updating, especially since it costs more (as far as I know)

It does have Script Blocking on, though. Should I turn that off?

That might be it. We have Norton AntiVirus 2004... But I don't remember changing anything that'd affect it. Now that you mention it, it might be a possibility. I think I remember Norton changing or messing up or something around the time when the problem started

Try temporarily disabling norton and see what happens.

Well I have Norton AntiVirus, and Norton Internet Security. Disabling them, separate or together, made no difference.

The feature I'm thinking of (I think they call it adblocker) is in the Internet security part, so try disabling that first. If that doesn't fix it, try disabling both.

Hmm... That' makes things harder, give me some time and I"ll look more into this.

I used to use Norton Internet security 2003 and that had the ad blocker option as well but I don't ever recall it falling to open full web pages though, Im wondering if its WiNDOWS own content privacy blocking it like Cookies settings or something, go into control panel, internet options, privacy, what have you got it set for? also internet options, security, what is your security zone level set at?

My privacy level is set at medium... Pop-up blocker is on, but I don't see how that'd affect it.
The security level is custom.

Back
Top Bottom