About to Choose. Win XP or Vista?

XP is downgrade from Vista, won't be sold after June but will still be supported, I am running Vista Prem 64 w 4G RAM, recognized all 4G w clean install no problems

That's since you are running the 64bit kernel without the 3gb or so limitation. One thing about the SP1 for Vista is supposedly now reporting the full amount of memory while the 3gb limit is still seen with the 32bit editions since anything over some 3.120gb is simply memory addresses mapped out to hardwares and not available as ram.

One thing most won't realize when going for the 64bit editions of Vista just to see 4gb installed is that most games and programs were never written to be run on systems seeing more then 2-3gb of memory installed. Newer games and apps will have to address this since boards are now seeing 8gb or 16gb capacities.

I'd go with Vista. Just so you won't have to spend the money down the road to upgrade to it if you get XP now.

I say go with Vista, I use XP myself mainly because you can not get the drivers for my scanner, I don't particularly like Vista but that's only because I've never played with it for more than a few hours at a time, Had my scanner worked then I would have had a good play with it.

I solved the problem simply by dual booting both XP along with Vista even having a Linux distro on at the moment. If I still didn't need XP for a few things it would already be gone.

Currently the Grub loader ubuntu default still see the Vista loader with the dual boot as an option. But I also run a multiple hard drive system to allow for multiple OSs making that a bit easier. Vista simply ended up being the default for Windows after first trying the RC candidates and then running the new version since it was released.

im currently building my new system and having trouble deciding between which OS to choose from
i am thinking of giving vista a try....but if i get any crap with it im gonna ditch it and get xp ......
the way i see it ...i wont know what vista is like until i try it.

im currently building my new system and having trouble deciding between which OS to choose from
i am thinking of giving vista a try....but if i get any crap with it im gonna ditch it and get xp ......
the way i see it ...i wont know what vista is like until i try it.

Exactly. Odds are, if you go in with an open mind, you will like vista. If you go in thinking you'll hate it, you'll hate it.

I hope everyone here knows that Microsoft will stop selling Windows XP before the end of this year.

Back
Top Bottom