dual boot question

Celticsfan

Banned
If I were going to dual boot a system and I set it up the following way, I put on server 2000 on my machine and used the first 3 gb for the OS, when I was done with that, I then used the rest of the HD space (5GB) on server 2003, would that cause the server 2003 drive to be a logical drive instead of a primary drive?

If that is the case, what should I have done to make that drive a primary drive before I installed server 2003?

thx

What do you mean by primary??

All my drives are "basic"

Are you using seperate drives or seperate partitions on the same drive?

Well I was using paragon s/w and it said one of my partitions was primary, which is what to be expected, for server 2yk and the other was logical for server 2y3. So the question I had is did I do something wrong by the way I set up my dual boot to cause this or was it caused by the s/w?

Was my setup done correctly?

I've never used Paragon so I have no idea what it has done.

When I dual boot I install the oldest os first, then the newest, at boot you get to choose which one you boot into, I've never used software to set up a dual boot.

If your setup is working don't worry about it.

Paragon allows one to resize partitions which is what I used it for. Everything works OK, I am just curious as to why my server 2003 was listed as logical.

Any operating system will see it's partition as primary, and any other partitions on the same hard drive as logical. When you boot into server '03 you should notice that it is listed as primary and your 2000 as logical.

Any operating system will see it's partition as primary, and any other partitions on the same hard drive as logical. When you boot into server '03 you should notice that it is listed as primary and your 2000 as logical.

So I assume every thing is set up the way it is suppose to be, right?

Back
Top Bottom