Boot-Up Times

I would say its either the quantity of programs you have on your HDD that's slowing the boot process or an automatic updtate from one of them, another thing it could be is the automated back up program Vista runs, if it has stored big back ups then it will have allocated alot of space for that,

Yeah, I do have plenty of USB devices, and plenty of programs, but once again I've always had the same amount of devices, and always had a lot of programs. If either of those were the problem it would have slowly gotten worse and worse. Instead, it just randomly slowed down. I didn't install that many programs at once. The problem is something that happened in one day. I will try to switch my devices to different USB ports and see if it makes a difference. I'll post back soon, and once again, thanks to everyone who made suggestions.

Ok try this

Here's a useful yet very simple tip for readers running Windows Vista on their PCs. By default, Windows Vista waits 30 seconds during the startup process before loading the operating system. You can safely decrease that time considerably, and thus speed up Vista boot time.

Here's a quick procedure that help you speeding windows vista startup:

* Click the Windows Start button
* Right click Computer
* Click Properties
* Click Advanced System settings
* In the Advanced Tab, Start and Recovery, click Settings
* In the Time to display operating systems list setting, set a 5 second value instead of 30.
* Click Apply

Now, Reboot your PC. You'll notice a boost in the performance of the startup process.

blackjack I think thats only if you are dual booting because it wouldn't wait unless you have more than one choice. However, the problem seems to have fixed itself because for whatever reason (maybe the defrag, maybe something else) my boot-up times are better. I once again thank everyone who helped and this thread can be considered closed.

Back
Top Bottom