Trying to overclock Video card.

I seen people with similar set up as me but they can get there CPU to 3.8 or 4Ghz and there video card up to 850/1120. They say there on air and there 3dmark06 scores are around 17000. It doesn't really make sense to me.
They're called "suicide runs" everything is maxed out, they're probably getting artifacts all over the place and sitting there sh1tting bricks until the 3DMark has finished. The video cards probably have third party coolers too, like Zalman VF1000's or similar.

Definitely not 24/7 clocks.

My refresh rate can only get to 60Hertz.
So I just left prime95 on for 10 hours and it is going good.
Temps are 63-63-58-58 under load and after turning off prime95 it looks like 49-49-45-45 idle.

GPU is 48C idle and I think about 70-74C under load using 65% fan speed.

Is there anything else I could do to overclock or increase performance. How do I overclock RAM?

OT as well, what brand? stock or an oc'd model? I'm looking at getting an Asus 8800GTS 512MB for this box and putting this card in my Q6600 box.

:D

OT as well, what brand? stock or an oc'd model? I'm looking at getting an Asus 8800GTS 512MB for this box and putting this card in my Q6600 box.

:D

This is the exact one I got
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX19419(ME).aspx

I recommended it to 2 friends as well and they both picked it up. We got it while it was still on for $30 mail in rebate.

EDIT::: I also read somewhere they stopped allowing companies to put out an OCed model of this card. But this one is clocked 20Mhz higher at core than nvidia's spec sheet and I can't remember if mem was a little higher as well.

Is there anything else I could do to overclock or increase performance. How do I overclock RAM?
You can overclock your RAM by changing the ratio in your BIOS. Put everything on manual and there will be an option to change memory frequency.

Your RAM runs at stock settings with 2.1V, so set it to that first.
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=70065
I got pissed off with the reference cooler on my XFX.

Back
Top Bottom