Laptop help - gateway 400sd4

waffle1

Solid State Member
Hello everyone.
I'm having a bit of trouble with a laptop. I got the laptop from a friend who said he was having problems with the laptop shutting down spontaneously. The first time the laptop started, it seemed to run fine for about 20 minutes, at which point it froze. I turned it off by holding down the power button. I tried to start the laptop again, but now whenever i try to start it, it won't boot. All that happens is the fans turn on; No hdd light, and the screen stays off too. I suspect possible heat damage, but I don't know how to tell for sure. I might be doing something wrong... Any suggestions??:eek:

Alternatively you may suggest to me somewhere besides this forum where I might find the answer to my problem.

any beeping at all ?

sounds to me like poss bad RAM, try reseating the RAM and see what happens, usually you will atleast get a bios screen even if the HD is dead

No, there is no beeping at all.

I reseated the ram twice, tried it in a different slot, tried to start it without ram and every scenario the fans started, there was no beeping, and the screen didn't come on.

Back
Top Bottom