linux help

DefCon_!1!

Fully Optimized
ok, so i just installed ubuntu through wubi.

everything is fine, untill, after all the boot screens, it says somethiung ;ike x server is not configured correctly.

how do i configure it so it is correct????

thnx

Can you try booting it up and write down the exact error that it is giving you, please. What version of Ubuntu did you install, like 7.10, or 7.04?

i belive the error is with my display

heres what i see ( the short of it) pm for the whole thing if u need it

(==) log file "/var/log/xorg.0.log time mon april 7
(==) using config file "/etc/x11//xorg.conf"
(EE) NV(0): No display devices found
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have usable configuration

Fatal error
no screens found

Yes it is. The first line shows were the log file is kept if you ever had to/or wanted to send in a bug report. The next line shows the file that is trying to be used. In this case it is the xorg.conf file. This is X-window program file. Next line says that it can't find any devices that will work with x-windows, and the last says that it does know that there is one screen found.

If you are using the Nvidia 8400 card then I would try to upgrade your drivers first. Then I would try starting ubuntu again. If that doesn't work i would try unplugging from your monitor cable from your gc, and plugging it into the on-board graphics and see if that will work.

Cheers!

well, my 8400mg is on my laptop, so i cant realy disconect it :D

and there are no drivers for the MG, so i guess i cant use linux on my laptop

Don't jump to that conclusion so fast. I would check out the ubuntu forums at: www.ubuntuforums.org. Register a user in the absolute beginners forum, tell them your problem and you will probably get your system working in about a day maybe two.

Cheers

already did, tried the solution, still couldent do it

ima try doing it the old fansiond, partioning the HDD way, instead of wubi

That might be the best way to do it. I have never used WUBI, and don't know if I trust a windows installer to install a different OS.

Back
Top Bottom