In Car Computer

It works fine. Not like your driving a race car or anything.

Actually my buddy's Focus has one and he's on a Ford Racing suspension, which is actually rather stiff. No hard drive problems in a year at least.

What if the hdd is spinning at full speed then you hit a little bump. Its like jumping a record on a record player. If its inside the engine bay which wouldnt be too good considering everything in there gets extremley hot. I don't even think an intake could help it.

ah ha the eeepc i didint even think about that could be alot simpler jus attach an external screen tha would be easier to mount

You can buy Inverters that turn the 12v DC from the car battery to 240v AC, and they can handle from 250Watts to 500+ - but they can get quite expensive :)

You could always just run a 12v line straight from the battery and put on some motherboard connectors, that would probably do for most of the peripherals and CPU etc

You need to be a little more creative than hardwiring to the battery. You want it to come on with accessory power and turn off when the car is off, after all. The power supply is the way you wanna go.

i think after all this i am gonna go with the eeepc its just so simple,

its small enough to put in the glove box, i could probably buy a in car charger for it, if i wanted to i could always take it out, theres jus lots of benifits.

Back
Top Bottom