Trying to overclock Video card.

OTSS

In Runtime
Alright I donno how to check for stability but in Ntune it seems like Overclocking does nothing. I maxed out memory and no artifacts or anything appeared. I then went past where most people max out on core and it still does no artifacts.

Ok I have my 8800GTS 512 fan speed up to 70% (up from 36% stock) clocked to core 808Mhz and memory maxed at 1166Mhz(won't let me go higher). If I put my core any higher I get fragments. I played a couple games of UT3 right through on max settings and resolution 1920x1200 and got no fragments or slow down or flickering. I checked in PC Wizard 2008 to make sure it is overclocking correctly and it shows my exact overclock. According to some websites, that is a great overclock on stock cooling. Temps on Video card are 48C Idle and I don't know load yet(recommend any good programs?)

This is while my CPU is overclocked to 3.2Ghz(not max just never felt like going higher... yet)

It's possible you just got a very good G92. I know Cryman can get his up to 800MHz core but he can't OC the memory that much so you card must have the Samsung and not the Quimodo chips.
For mesuring your GPU temps at load, just use Nvidia's monitor included with Ntune whilst running 3DMark.
Great OC, congratulations!

Nice. Well I am downloading 3dmark06. I will see what kind of temps and scores I get and post them.

You'll need v1.1.0 and the hotfixes, these are d/loadable from Guru3D downloads section.

What can't you figure out on how to run it?

Alright at stock speeds my mark3d06 score is 13508 3DMarks
and with overclock to core 802 and mem 1166 my score is 14359 3DMarks

I will try again when I overclock my CPU more

BTW I couldn't really tell temps while it was running but when it was done and slowing down it was around 56C

Probably hitting low 60's, nothing to worry about, not sure about your card but mine is 115°C as the max temp, I never even get closer. You can check in the NVIDIA control panel to see max temp.

Those are good scores, '06 is heavily cpu dependent, crank the Q6600 up a bit and you should break 15K no sweat.

Ok so I am trying to get my CPU to 3.6 what should I set everything too? What voltages should I be worrying about and how high is too high? Is it better to have 9x 400 or 8x 450?

Back
Top Bottom