AMD or Intel

I'm AMD all the way. I respect them just for creating the competition with Intel. But the truth is they make brilliant CPU's for the money. The only time i'll go to Intel is when I get hold of the Intel Skulltrail Mobo. Until then i'll upgrade to an Opteron 185 or an FX-60 CPU for my current set up.:)

I'm AMD all the way. I respect them just for creating the competition with Intel. But the truth is they make brilliant CPU's for the money. The only time i'll go to Intel is when I get hold of the Intel Skulltrail Mobo. Until then i'll upgrade to an Opteron 185 or an FX-60 CPU for my current set up.:)

Good for you, AMD need their fans right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how the 45nm Phenoms will perform.

Oh, and do you remember when AMD challenged Intel do a dual core shoot-out?

Good for you, AMD need their fans right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how the 45nm Phenoms will perform.

Oh, and do you remember when AMD challenged Intel do a dual core shoot-out?

Yea I kinda remember the Dual Core 'Dual' between AMD & Intel. See the thing is both companies did very well but I just won't let anyone tell me that Intel do a better dual core than the FX series! And didn't AMD beat Intel in benchmark tests? Correct me if i'm wrong, please.

I'm liking the Phenoms. They'll do well when ASUS do a wicked Dual CPU Modo for them. See I don't really want to go to Intel for a processor, hence the SkullTrail. So ASUS need to design a HOT dual Quad core CPU AMD mobo with multi SLI and high speed buses. And then i'll forget the ST by Intel!

I respect AMD for what it's done in the microprocessor industry, but I'm still for the Core Microarchitecture right now. It just has a superior price/performance ratio compared to anything AMD has. I am interested in seeing what AMD comes up with in the future...shame the Phenoms weren't as good as they were hyped. I really expected more from it. But for now...Core 2 all the way.

It just has a superior price/performance ratio compared to anything AMD has
64 5000+ X2 black editon. $85. Overclocked to 3GHz(simple multiplier change)=E6750 performance.

I don't think we'll see the true potential of K10 until AMD can get the 45nm Phenoms out. Apparently there will be an octo-core too.

64 5000+ X2 black editon. $85. Overclocked to 3GHz(simple multiplier change)=E6750 performance.

I don't think we'll see the true potential of K10 until AMD can get the 45nm Phenoms out. Apparently there will be an octo-core too.

Yeah, but stock performance? You have to understand that the mainstream consumer isn't going to overclock their processor for the sake of better performance.

Oh whoa...I didn't realize AMD had to price drop so much...

Man...Intel was tearing into them so much that they had to resort to such crazy price drops?

Haha, never said I did. Like Remeniz said, I do admire and respect AMD for what they've contributed to the industry.

Oh well...until AMD gets their head out of the gutter, it's Intel for me. Even if I'm still using an Athlon X2 3800+. :p

Back
Top Bottom