AMD Phenom Compatibility

How noticeable would the graphics difference be between the 3650 and the 8800 GT? And just so i can get an idea of how these graphics would look. How would they look compared to a xbox 360.

Well, you aren't going to be able to play a lot of newer games at high settings with the 3650, whereas the 8800GT can handle almost everything out there.

PC games are superiour graphically to consoles but you won't notice much of a difference if you're having to run stuff at medium with the 3650. If you crank up the settings with the 8800GT, you won't want to go back to consoles.
Here are some benchmarks: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_3650/7.html

Ok. So i am going to get a 8800GT with the 790x chipset a 450w power supply 4 GB of ram, and the Phenom 9850 X4. Will i need an upgraded cooling system from the factory installed one. And is all this stuff compatible together.

Ok. So i am going to get a 8800GT with the 790x chipset a 450w power supply 4 GB of ram, and the Phenom 9850 X4. Will i need an upgraded cooling system from the factory installed one. And is all this stuff compatible together.
Yep, that's great. Will you be running Vista?
For standard use the stock HSF (heat sink fan) that comes with the CPU and the fans that come with the case will be fine.
It is all compatible.
How much worse would it run if i bought the Phenom 9600?
It would be noticable, definitely. Mainly because of the clock speeds (2.3GHz vs 2.5GHz. The 9850 also has a faster memory controller and a more effective L3 cache because it does not suffer from the TLB bug. It should be around the same price as the 9600, maybe a bit more expensive but it'll definitely be worth it.

If i bought the 8800 GT and the 790x motherboard would i still be able to use my pentium 4. And how would the computer perform with the pentium 4 instead of the Phenom?

How do the Phenom processors compare to the Intel Core 2 duo processors?
Here are some charts: http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=1074&model2=873&chart=441
The Phenom 9850 isn't on there yet so just use the 9700 and compare it to the rest. The 9850 will perform 10 to 15% better than the 9700.
If i bought the 8800 GT and the 790x motherboard would i still be able to use my pentium 4. And how would the computer perform with the pentium 4 instead of the Phenom?
No, it is a different socket and a completely different technology. You wouldn't want to either, as it would be a big bottleneck on the rest of your system, especially the 8800GT.

ok thanks. but im also curious, is a computer like and xbox 360. where u can hook the system up to and HD monitor and it makes a huge difference it the quality of graphics like it does with consoles.

Also i was adding up the numbers and the price of everything i wanted came out to be about 400-500 dollars. But i really only wanted to spend anywhere from 200-300 dollars. Where would the smartest places be to chop the price? Processor or graphics card?

Back
Top Bottom