In Car Computer

well im not sure weather to get a built in screen or get a small flip out screen which you can buy to go in standard 5.25 inch slot or they actually fit nicely in a car stereo slot.

http://www.hardwarezone.com/img/data/articles/2007/2280/AeroCool_Flip.jpg

although i will look into that more, and the mobile broadband is usually £15 a month but because i already have a contract phone with them they add it onto my existing £35 flext 180 price plan for an extra £5

I'd get bluetooth (sp) on the computer, so you can use your phone with the computer, and then have voice controlled software on it, like the microsoft sync, but for cool people.

I sooooooooooooooooooooooo wanna do that really bad now.

You need a DC power supply. I can't remember where to get them. One of my focus buddies has done a carputer. He had a really good website with forums and junk, but I forgot it. If I remember I'll get up with him and see what I can find out.

He just ordered a new one, he's going to use a VIA pico-ITX chipset or whatever that is like 10x7 cm. It's pretty insane.

i think im going to get a converted so i can use a normal powersupply it will save me a lot of hassle in the long run i think,

it will require more room but i can just mount it on my firewall and put the computer in my glove box

Put a whole computer in the glove box? Idk if that will work. What you could possibly do, is rig up a cold air intake for the car, and somehow rig it up to the computer, then it can stay kinda cool and you can keep it in the engine compartment. But it still might not work... What kind of car are you putting this in?

If you get a mobile processor you don't need to worry about heat. I think it took a pretty hot summer day in Florida in this guys solid black car to make it where it wouldn't boot. He has it mounted behind the panel that goes under the steering column with stock cooling and it works fine there.

i bet there is probably somebody out there that made a powersupply for the computer that only requires a 12v input then distributes it into the voltages needed, im not positive on that, but that would be your best bet IMO, instead of having an inverter and then a regular psu, thats just two more things to catch fire or short out, ill look around for ya...

mp3car.com

That's where you want to go. All the info you will ever need.

Back
Top Bottom