Please help me fix this computer

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
Ok, so this is probably just a matter of my hooking some wires up to the wrong things inside the case, but it all looks fine to me.

I was putting an hp 9680 c back together after getting it a new network card and upgrading the ram and now everything is put back in it wont turn on.

I had completely stripped it of everything besides the mobo and re-assembled it with the new parts.

There are some wires coming from the psu that i didnt know what they went to so i didnt hook them up.

Maybe if someone knows of somewhere i can find a diagram of where which plugs go where on the mobo/other hardware?

Edit: one of those wires includes P8, i couldnt figure out where it went.

Could you take a pic of the inside of the case? That would be a lot easier.

Sure thing ill post in a sec.

Don't know how much these will help:

040608_17301.jpg

040608_17311.jpg

040608_17331.jpg

040608_17351.jpg

Ok the pictures are hard to read.

You know the cables that connect from the power switch, Hard Drive LED, Reset Switch, ETC, have a look at those connections on the motherboard and make sure they are in the correct place. Usually at the bottom right corner of the motherboard.

If it wont power up at all start with the obvious. Make sure the main ATX connector is in place and secure.

Ok the pictures are hard to read.

You know the cables that connect from the power switch, Hard Drive LED, Reset Switch, ETC, have a look at those connections on the motherboard and make sure they are in the correct place. Usually at the bottom right corner of the motherboard.

If it wont power up at all start with the obvious. Make sure the main ATX connector is in place and secure.

Checking the connection from the case to the mobo for the power switch was my first thought but it is keyed at the bottom and i have it in the right way i think.

The plug end from the case has a holes on the bottom to line up with the pins on the mobo but the plug has on covered and on the mobo one prong is missing so i thought those lined up.

Back
Top Bottom