PC Stuck on "Microsoft Windows XP" Screen at Startup

guitardude777

In Runtime
I just finished fixing a horrible problem I was having when I tried to repair XP, and now I've run into another horrible problem. After I repaired XP, I had to reinstall Windows Installer 3.1. I was getting a bunch of access denied errors trying to do that, but I eventually got it to work. After Windows Installer installed successfully, the computer restarted and now it is stuck on this screen
Photo0010.jpg

I tried pressing ctrl alt delete but the computer doesn't respond. I even tried booting into safe mode, but I get stuck on the same screen. Help me!!!

have you tried "last known configuration that worked" or somthing like that

I'll try it but I doubt it will work. If that doesn't work I'm just gonna reformat and start from scratch.

Try this

1) Try to see if you can logon in Safe Mode with networking (press F8 during booting). It helps you to eliminate areas you do not need to investigate, such as EtherNet card and driver if you can browse the Internet.

2) Video card often causes this problem, disable the display adapter once in Safe Mode and see if you can login mormally. If success, it is the video card conflicts with other system devices (usually it is the CPU to AGP bridge). May need to update display adapter driver to the latest.

3) Look into logfiles in c:\windows\logfiles\watchdogs folder. It may tell you what device having problem. You may see description like "The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop". You know the display adapter has problem.

If that fails do a full reformat.

Try this

1) Try to see if you can logon in Safe Mode with networking (press F8 during booting). It helps you to eliminate areas you do not need to investigate, such as EtherNet card and driver if you can browse the Internet.

2) Video card often causes this problem, disable the display adapter once in Safe Mode and see if you can login mormally. If success, it is the video card conflicts with other system devices (usually it is the CPU to AGP bridge). May need to update display adapter driver to the latest.

3) Look into logfiles in c:\windows\logfiles\watchdogs folder. It may tell you what device having problem. You may see description like "The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop". You know the display adapter has problem.

If that fails do a full reformat.

he says this underneath

I tried pressing ctrl alt delete but the computer doesn't respond. I even tried booting into safe mode, but I get stuck on the same screen. Help me!!!

so you , since you canrt get into safe mode , do a reformat

he says this underneath

so you , since you canrt get into safe mode , do a reformat

Correct me if im wrong but when booting into safe mode you press delete on the black first post screen which is before the windows logo screen so he should be able to access safe mode, if he gets to the blue screen then he has not been quick enough with pressing the delete on post.

Back
Top Bottom