Macintosh vs Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakster1

Beta member
Lol, not even a competition, Macintosh beats out Windows, and heres why:

1.Windows is used by 80% of the population, Macintosh is used by 20%, and this makes Windows more vulnerable.

2. Macintosh may take longer to adapt to if you switch from Windows, but it's worth it.

3. Macintosh was the first computer, Windows is technically a "cheap" copy.

4. Apple has versions of Macintosh for family and business. Windows doesn't.

5. Microsoft was technically "sued" for "copying" DOS and making is MSDOS.

6. Overall, Macintosh is the way to go. Windows is in the pit.

To assure you all, i am writing this in a neutral state of mind.

Actually, you said that Windows is 80% and Mac is 20%. What about Linux? i would say that Windows is ~70%, Mac is 20%, and Linux is 10%.

I hate these "OS Wars" they are just plain stupid. "Every operating system sucks!" You use what you feel comfortable with or what applications you need.

So basically, Mac Sucks, Windows Sucks, Linux Sucks, BSD (and all the other OS's out there) Sucks! Every OS has their strong points and every OS has their weak points.

QUOTE]

ummmmmmmmm ???
windows XP home edition / windows XP professional edition
Windows vista home basic and home premium / vista ultimate,

yer really sounds neutral to me lol
imo the best OS is any brand of linux just because its free

1.Anyway i agree that windows is more vulnerable security rise however this can easilly be overcome by using anti virus software
2. is simply an opinion of yours that it is worth it
3. windows must have had something better about it otherwise if it was as you said not the origional how did it surpass apple in sales and popularity
4.well then whats the difference between xp home and pro and all the various editions of vista out there
5.Dunno about that so cant comment however as i see it there is no operating system by the exact name "DOS" as this simply means disk operating system
6.again this is just an opinion of yours

Anyway heres how i see it
IMO windows has the biggest user base as it is the easest to use operating system and it is already popular and therefore easier to get support and buy etc
also i think macs are quite expensive for the hardware you get and in some cases not always designed very well such as the case of the macbook air
however i have used the operating system and it is a very good operating system and i have never had any issues with , however due to the pricing and generally being no gaming or support for some applications i often use i chose not to use it

Zakster said:
1.Windows is used by 80% of the population, Macintosh is used by 20%, and this makes Windows more vulnerable.

That is until mac gets their way and gets more of the market, then who is screwed?
Zakster said:
2. Macintosh may take longer to adapt to if you switch from Windows, but it's worth it.
Big matter of opinion. Adapting for me would be a big waste of time. Last I checked, with out installing WINDOWS via bootbamp, I couldn't run Call of Duty on a Mac.

Zakster said:
3. Macintosh was the first computer, Windows is technically a "cheap" copy.
Not true. The first "computers" were used back in WWII to help judge naval distances, and read radar. At any rate, IBM and Commodore beat MS and Apple to the home computer market.

Zakster said:
You lead a very very sheltered life. XP Home vs. XP Pro, Vista Home Premium/Basic vs Vista Business/Ultimate, Windows ME vs Windows 2000

Zakster said:
5. Microsoft was technically "sued" for "copying" DOS and making is MSDOS.
And apple has sued MS for putting too many free programs in it's OS, it never ends.

Zakster said:
6. Overall, Macintosh is the way to go. Windows is in the pit.
Microsoft owns part of apple. At the time of purchase, it was $150 million worth of stock AKA ownership that MS still has to this day. Still think apple is so great?

Zakster said:
To assure you all, i am writing this in a neutral state of mind.

Neutral my ass. You were very ignorant to many obvious things like the many versions of windows. spread your bullshit elsewhere.

Anna_Nicole_Pwned_OWNED.jpg

..... snip .....
Welcome to 1980, this opinion has been going on for years, hell if you wish to revisit old stuff why not throw in ATi v NVIDIA and AMD v Intel as well.

Not a very good copy paste for your first post, try something a little newer and less "done to death"

Welcome to CF btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom